Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Nutrient offers great promise for people with Down syndrome

My husband will back me up on this, Christina's new favorite breakfast is "eggs". She asks for them constantly. It didn't strike me as unsual or prophetic, till now, when it sends a chill down my spine.
A nutrient taken by expectant and new mothers may offer lifelong "dramatic" health benefits to people with Down's syndrome, according to new research.


The study, which was carried out at Cornell University, claims that the nutrient choline, found in egg yolks, liver and cauliflower, could provide lasting cognitive and emotional benefits to people with Down's syndrome.
DId I mention we have just added a chicken coop to our yard?
Thanks to our three hens, we get fresh brown eggs every day. How generous is God's provision for us!
Read the entire article here.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: