Sunday, January 11, 2009

The fatherly example of Tom Vander Woude


Many of you have read my posts about Tom, the man who gave his life on Sept 8, 2008 for his teenage son Joseph who has Down syndrome. I also wrote this article about how his example was cited by Senator Brownback and helped pass the "Pre-natally Diagnosed Conditions Awareness Act" last September.
Or was it heavenly intercession from Tom?
Tom Hoopes, Executive Editor of the National Catholic Register, like so many of us, has been deeply moved by this story, and writes about it at "You Pull, I'll Push".
I've said it before, Tom Vander Woude may be on the road to sainthood. We have great need of inspired fatherhood in this fatherless culture. Read the extensive news coverage on his daughter-in-law's blog.
Tom Vander Woude, pray for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been praying to St.Thomas (prematurely) hoping for a "miracle" in my daughters eating (she has esophagus problems)to help his sainthood move foward.

I do see him as a patron saint for those with Down syndrome.
What a beautiful man with a beautiful heart!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a story!!