Monday, May 18, 2009

It's only stuff

The silence on this blog is a result of a minor flood in our house the day after Mother's Day. Our washing machine decided it wanted to make a swimming pool in the basement, two floors down, and left four floors, kitchen countertops, and lots of ceiling space in it's wake. Thankfully I was home in time to mop up water making waves around my ankles in the kitchen while calling Serve Pro. They were wonderful, and between them and the washing machine insurance company, I'm getting help to clean up the mess, as well as replacement floors, ceilings, etc. But meanwhile, things are a bit rough around here, and the stress is getting to me.
Did I mention we're in the middle of sending the book to the publisher who will be deciding whether to publish us?
So, those of you who work for God know that this is a sign that the old man downstairs is not pleased. We hope to save lives and souls with the beautiful stories in Be Not Afraid. So ol' scratch hassles and fusses and tries to make me blow my temper.
Poor thing! Didn't he read the Book of Revelation?
He loses!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your flood--doesn't sound like a fun week! I like how you looked on the brighter side of the situation--comparing to Revelation. ;)

Leticia said...

Yes, thinking about the Apocalypse always puts things in perspective!

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

Oh no! You definitely know how to get a good "take" on things.