Thursday, May 28, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton




1. I welcomed my sister and brother-in-law who just emigrated from El Salvador into our home. We got to know one another, and enjoy the natural beauty of our neighborhood.



Here is Francisco with his brother Manuel fishing in the river. We hope Manuel and Milagro will be living in our home, while I teach them English this summer. We might even teach them how to drive, with Gabbi, if I feel brave enough!




2. We brought up a large part of my perennial garden from Long Island, and transplanted it here on our new piece of God's country. I hated to admit feeling nostalgic for my flowers, I tried to be brave and admire everyone else's gardens, but I guess if you are a true gardener, it becomes part of you.
I'm starting to feel like Tasha Tudor.




3. We celebrated Memorial Day in our new home with the solemnity it deserves, at a field mass at the parish cemetery and downtown with a parade. So many times, we forget the meaning of the first long weekend of summer, it was good to remember those who have given all.

See the rest of the posts at Faith and Family Live

3 comments:

ViolinMama said...

Thank you for #3. I appreciate it so much.

Many Kudos to you!!!! Awesome, and God Bless!!!

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I love your small successes and I really like this forum - I just followed your link so I can join in as well (I'm #50 this week).

Monica Crumley said...

How nice of you to take in your sister's family. Your flowers are beautiful. I've transplanted a lilac from my parents' home to remind me of them. Nice. Happy summer.