Wednesday, July 30, 2008

True Love

. . .is when you are still under the influence of painkillers from minor surgery, and you drag your scarred body over to the computer to save the files of your hysterical wife.
We had a major rainstorm on Sunday with multiple power outages, and lightning which looked like it had crashed the computer, reducing me to tears. You see, I hadn't taken the time to save my photos and important documents, counting way too much on this blog to preserve my memories.
I prayed the rosary with the girls for a computer. It wasn't entirely frivolous, it reminded me of Jesus' parable of the woman who has lost a coin, searching through the entire house till she recovers it. However, I discovered a far more precious treasure. . . the sight of my husband lovingly restoring my files while still suffering.

That is one memory nothing can erase.

3 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

He is a good man. God bless him!

And he has a wonderful wife too! Praying for his speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh. I hope he reads your blog. ;-)

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

A sign that your gifts are truly treasured by the one you love. . .sometimes actions do speak louder than words!!!