Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm a columnist at Catholic Mom

My first column is up at Catholic Mom. com. It's on my little saint, Christina and how she prayed to Our Lady for my mother's recovery from cancer. I knew it was up when I got the loveliest email from Mary Catherine Williams, saying,
"Your story which appeared in CatholicMom.com brought tears to my eyes. I know in my heart Christine was talking to Our Blessed Mother asking to intercede on your mother's behalf. I am a healthcare worker and know cancer rears its ugly head too often. I will remember your mother in my prayers.
You are blessed to have Christine. Somehow I think you already know that."
Thank you Mary Catherine and all of you who made such supportive comments with promises to pray for Mom. She is very gratefull; she says our prayers are sustaining her.

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Linda said...

I left a comment on your website. Beautiful story. God does let us see His *presents* yes gifts when we open our eyes to see His love everywhere. God bless

We have a group at our parish called "Cause of Our Joy" For mothers and children run by one of the Sisters of Mercy.

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Leticia, we are so thrilled to have you as a part of the CatholicMom.com family!! Your mother is in my prayers - after my "adventure" with Breast Cancer this year, I understand the power of prayer in the treatment and recovery process. Please assure her that she will be in my thoughts daily!

Leticia said...

Thank you for your warm welcome, Lisa, and your prayers. Every time I hear of another cancer survivor, it gives me hope.
Linda, I was taught by the Sisters of Mercy in high school, maybe the name of my blog is part of that legacy. How appropriate that the Cause of Our Joy group is for mothers and children. Our Lady is the best role model for us.