Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mom has been richly blessed

A big hug to all of you who are remembering to pray for my mother who is ill with cancer. She has been hosptialized since her birthday July 5 ,and is holding court every day with a constant flow of visitors. We have to ask people to postpone their visits to give Mom time to rest. Her visitors have included no fewer than six priests.
Mom has been annointed with the Sacrament of the Sick and received the Apostolic Blessing which carries with it a Plenary Indulgence. She is peaceful and offers up her suffering for her nurses and family. Dad is sleeping at her side in the hospital and my brother Bill the RN is a constant advisor and comfort. Rob my other brother keeps the dog company and gives Dad time to go to Mass on Sundays. I come down with the girls on the weekend to clean the house for Mom's return sometime this week.
Keep the prayers coming, God is good.
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Anne said...

My prayers. Your mom is blessed in the Lord. She sounds like a wonderful woman. I remember how difficult it was when my own mother suffered at the end of her life. So, my prayers are with you as well as with her.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, God is good, and he ALWAYS answers our prayers in His own mysterious ways.
Am praying for your mother.

Monica Rafie said...

Thanks for the update Leticia - I was wondering how things are going. Hugs - prayers!

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

Thank the Lord. I will continue to pray. *Hugs*

Kris Delaney said...

I am praying for your mother. May God bless you all. Kris