Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I am becoming a Culture of Life speaker

Sometimes I have to pinch myself,  God is changing me so much, I hardly recognize myself.  I was the shy girl whose music teacher recommended she learn violin since she was so quiet, and didn't have the wind for a wind instrument. I was the one who dreaded oral presentations in her high school classes. Now, I am embarking on a career which includes getting up in front of large audiences, both in person and in the media, and giving a speech. You know this is the work of  the Holy Spirit. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined myself speaking in front of a gaggle of cameras on Capitol Hill at an official press conference against Obamacare last September. I participated in a panel discussion of Catholic mothers of children with Down syndrome for the Catholic Speakers Series for the Joint Parish Respect Life Committee and the Faith Formation Office of the Diocese of Brooklyn this spring which included a short TV interview for Currents, a program of Net TV, the diocesan TV station. View the video here.

Here are some of the speaking engagements I have been planned for this year.
I am speaking this Saturday at St Mary's Church in Coventry, CT after the 9AM Mass for the Gospel of Life Society about my founding of Keep Infants with Down Syndrome and my upcoming book "A Special Mother is Born".
 I will be interviewing for Catholic TV in Boston about my book sometime this summer.

Now, I have a major speaking engagement on October 30, 2010. I will be speaking alonside Fr Brian Mullady, OP, author and  popular EWTN show host.
I will be moderating a workshop titled WINNING THE WAR FOR HEARTS AND MINDS OF YOUTH at our Respect Life Conference scheduled for Saturday, October 30, 2010. The Conference will open at 9:00 a.m. and the workshops will start at 9:30 a.m.
I hope to have my book available to purchase at this venue.
See you there!


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations :)