Thursday, November 1, 2007

All Hallows Eve Celebration



Our All Hallows Eve Celebration began with the Traditional Mass, which included the Litany of the Saints, followed by dinner, guess which saint I am, bobbing for apples, and begging for soul cakes.
We finished the evening with the lighting of the jack-o-lanterns and the recitation of the Litany for the Poor Souls in Purgatory. It was a mixture of grace and fun, and a fitting start to the month which ends the Liturgical Year, when we contemplate the Four Last Things, death, judgement, heaven and hell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have made it to the Traditional Latin Mass this morning, but I had a doctor's appointment. I just got back from my home parish, where they had the Praise-Band-like choir on duty, and it was pretty jarring. Is that Judy in your pictures, she's the nice lady that's always at St. Matthew's, right? I don't think I'll make it this Sunday either, as we are going up to see our son in a concert in CT on Sunday. I'm becoming more and more disappointed when my schedule puts me at my home parish for a Saturday Mass, I guess I am becoming hooked. Hope to see you all in two weeks.