Monday, November 19, 2007

It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood. . .

Christina continues to do well in preschool, entering happily, participating in circle time and art and only missing Mommy a bit, near the end of the 2 1/2 hour class. Her teachers seem truly fond of her, and the other therapists in the public school have noticed a change in her attitude toward them. She is more open to learning with them. I hope for some real progress now that her attitude seems better.

Now, we head into Thanksgiving weekend, with something to thank God for, His guidance leading Christina into a loving and nurturing environment where she is accepted, and invited to grow.

I thank those of you who prayed for this intention, I was aware of your prayers, spread round the globe, all for a special little girl who is the joy of her family.
Speaking of preschool, Barbara Curtis has some inspiration from our favorite preschool TV host, Mr. Rogers. I have always sensed an emotional intelligence about Mr. Rogers. I believe that was the secret of his success for decades, despite being low on fancy sets, or exciting characters. My daughter won't watch just any show, but would watch Mr. Rogers patiently. I think she enjoys his calm, reassuring manner.

No comments: