Monday, January 4, 2010

A Blessed Epiphany







The Friars of the Immaculate at the Marian Friary of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Griswold have a wonderful Epiphany Party. After Mass and a potluck lunch, participants enter their names and those of their loved ones into a 'raffle'.
Fr Ignatius said a prayer invoking the Holy Spirit and pulled out a holy card for all the names which included four saints who would be special patrons of that person, a title of Our Lady, a virtue to focus on and a maxim. Here are mine.
Saints:  St Veronica Guiliani(Franciscan)
 Bl. Michelina of Pesaro (Franciscan),
Bl. Mary Mancini, OP.
 St Miguel Pro.
This is the second time St Miguel Pro has been mentioned to me in this short year. A Voice in the Crowd reminded me about his heroic sacrifice in his comments after my post here. I hope my year doesn't hold the challenges of his martyrdom, but I certainly need his courage.
Marian Title: Singular Vessel of Devotion
Virtue: Hyperdulia (the devotion given to Our Lady alone, above that of the saints, beneath the worship given only to God)
Maxim: "The Immaculate can turn even our weaknesses to greater good. This is my only consolation. "
St Maximilian Kolbe
:Learning about the saints and blesseds other than St Miguel Pro, with whose story I am already famliar, is a project I will share about here.
I am so pleased with the Marian Title  and how the virtue of devotion to Our Lady points me in her direction all year, to learn about how my weakness will be made into strength. St Maximillian is right, this is a tremendous consolation, considering I lost my mother this year. I will follow in the footsteps of Venerable John Paul II whose closeness to Our Lady when he was left motherless at nine years old, gave him his vocation.
Who knows what Our Lady could accomplish through my many weaknesses?
I can't wait to find out.





Bookmark and Share

No comments: