Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Catholic Devotion Meme

I was tagged by my friend Esther, from A Catholic Mom in Hawaii.
Mele Kalikimaka. (Did I say that right? I learned it from Bing Crosby's Christmas album!?) Don't you just love his version of "Faith of Our Fathers"?
And I was just tagged by Rebecca at A Gypsy Caravan as well, thanks.

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?Other than the Holy Mass, Eucharistic Devotion and Benediction are my favorites
2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?The Holy Rosary, St. Louis de Montfort's Consecration and the Rosary Novena. We also enjoy our May altar and Marian processions.
3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?I wear the Brown Scapular which has the crucifix and St. Benedict Medal and a Miraculous Medal.
4. Do you have holy water in your home?Oh yes! I have a holy water font at the entrance to my home. (I've read that holy water blessed with the rite of exorcism as in the old Latin rite is much more powerful)
5. Do you 'offer up' your sufferings? This has always been very important to me, and has helped me persevere through many difficult situations. I guess I learned it from the autobiography of the Little Flower, where she describes this as a great privilege and joy to suffer for the good of souls. I try to offer it for the person who is causing the suffering (if there is one) or the one in this world in danger of dying out of the state of grace.
6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?Yes and have been for 7 years now.
7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration?Yes, with my daughter, for a Holy Hour, each Thursday
8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person? I prefer Sunday Morning Mass as a family, once a month we attend an Indult Latin Mass. Occasionally, we go on Saturday Evening because it's in Spanish, and I teach a First Holy Communion Class in Spanish (good example to them).
9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?Yes, grace before meals, "Bless us, O Lord. . "
10. Favorite Saint(s)? Padre Pio, St. Francis, Blessed Mother Teresa, St. Filomena, St. Clare, St. Juan Diego, John Paul the Great, etc.,
11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?Yes.
12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?Yes, but it's more like short calls for help, or a quick "I love you Jesus". I would like to remember the beautiful ejaculations like, "Jesus, Mary, I love you, please save souls!"
13. Bonus Question: When you pass by a automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?Yes, and a sign of the Cross when we hear a siren or pass a cemetery or Catholic Church

I tag the following blogger:
Beati Pauperes Spiritu

3 comments:

nil said...

I heard the song "Faith of Our Fathers" while shopping in Kohls yesterday! I was so surprised.

Leticia said...

Allright, I hate to be cynical, but I think you're more likely to hear it there than in church.

EC Gefroh said...

Yes, it is Mele Kalikimaka and Hauoli Makahiki Hou :-)
Thanks for playing along too!