Saturday, January 10, 2009

"I regret aborting my special needs son"

Read this heart-rending article at The Daily Mail and understand why I am so motivated to attend the March for Life with my daughter with T21.
"Now aged 43, still desperate for that large family and still suffering miscarriages, I have to accept that I may never have another child. It's very hard. The ghost of my son lingers painfully, haunting my thoughts.
In the past nine years, not a week has gone by when I haven't thought of him. Despite the support that others - including those closest to me - expressed for my decision at the time, I don't think I can ever truly forgive myself for what I did.
What I do know, and often think, is that if my son had been born alive and perhaps with two years to live, were those not two years of my life that I could have spared to nurse him? Would it really have been such a sacrifice for me?
With hindsight, I think I could have offered that at the very least to a child I had wanted so much.
"
Our children are a light to the world who can save expectant mothers this type of tragic choice which will haunt them forever. I applaud the author for sharing such a painful story. I wish her God's peace.

Join those of us who are marching with KIDS (Keep Infants with Down Syndrome) in the March for Life this year.
We will be meeting at 11;30 at the
National Right to Life Committee Headquarters
January 22nd at
512 10th St, NW
Washington DC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for the healing of Victoria Lambert.